Wow…I have really been slacking big time with our blog. We’re in the process of redoing our website and I guess I just thought “what’s the point until our new site is live” … except that we’re months into the project and still no site. Not our developers fault – it’s mine because I’ve been slow on developing the content for the site.
But does anyone read the content on an insurance agencies website? That’s a serious question. Every site you go to speaks of protection, safety, deductibles, service, and lots of other generic terms related to insurance.
- So what can we do differently? And more importantly, do we have to?
- Does it make a difference to you that your insurance agency is involved in tons of non-profit organizations?
- Does it make a difference to you that we have been around since 1906?
- Does it make a difference to you that when you call us you’ll get an actual person answering the phone?
- Does it make a difference to you that we’re one of the largest personal insurance agencies in the country?
- My feeling is that for some people, these things do matter. Pricing is an obvious differentiator, but when comparing apples to apples, I would always choose the company that had the strongest level of community involvement.
What do you think? What makes you choose one company over another?
Our receptionists names are Georgette, Ann, Cheryl, Marie and Mary-Ellen by the way…very nice ladies who sit right in our offices 🙂