The Department of Labor (DOL) released new forms for the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) this week. These new forms do not expire until 5/31/2018 which brings some relief to employers. The DOL updated parts of the language on the health care certification form and added additional instruction, “Do not provide information about genetic tests, as defined in 29 C.F.R. § 1635.3(f), genetic services, as defined in 29 C.F.R. § 1635.3(e), or the manifestation of disease or disorder in the employee’s family members, 29 C.F.R. § 1635.3(b).” Similar language was added to the other medical certification forms.
To review the forms and ensure that you have the most updated versions please visit the Department of Labor Wage and Hour Division section or click on the links below for quick access to a number of the forms.
- WH-384 Certification of Qualifying Exigency For Military Family Leave http://www.dol.gov/whd/forms/WH-384.pdf
- WH-385 Certification for Serious Injury or Illness of Current Service member – for Military Family Leave http://www.dol.gov/whd/forms/WH-385.pdf
- WH-385-V Certification for Serious Injury or Illness of a Veteran for Military Caregiver Leave http://www.dol.gov/whd/forms/wh385V.pdf
- WH-380-E Certification of Health Care Provider for Employee’s Serious Health Condition http://www.dol.gov/whd/forms/WH-380-E.pdf
- WH-380-F Certification of Health Care Provider for Family Member’s Serious Health Condition http://www.dol.gov/whd/forms/WH-380-F.pdf
- WH-381 Notice of Eligibility and Rights & Responsibilities http://www.dol.gov/whd/forms/WH-381.pdf
- WH-382 Designation Notice http://www.dol.gov/whd/forms/WH-382.pdf