Overview of ACA Reporting Requirements
Wed, Jan 8, 2020 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM | Presented by Stacy H. Barrow, Esq.
In this webinar Stacy H. Barrow, Esq. provides an overview of ACA reporting requirements that are applicable for both large employers and self-insured plans. Stacy will review the various reporting forms (1094-B, 1095-B, 1094-C, and 1095-C), indicator codes and affordability safe harbors. Other topics covered in this webinar include how to report for waiting periods / initial measurement periods, COBRA participants and post-employment coverage, and how to correct reporting mistakes. Stacy will also address common questions and provide best practices.
Key takeaways include:
1. How to complete the reporting forms;
2. Which indicator codes and safe harbors apply to various employment situations (e.g., waiting periods, changes in cost, changes in employment status);
3. How to address other situations, such as opt-out payments, union employees, and conditional offers of coverage to spouses.
Marketing ROI: What’s Your Strategy?
Wed, Jan 22, 2020 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM | Presented by Glenn Smith
Join Glenn Smith of World Synergy for a special marketing strategy webinar that will help you in Identifying your customer, recognizing your added value, or value proposition, develop a marketing roadmap with checkpoints to evaluate successes and misses.
Glenn reinforces the importance of an eStrategy process and tracking your resources with an attribution model.
Building an HR Systems Strategy
Wed, Feb 5, 2020 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM | Presented by Corrina Nation & Josh Hoover
Employers already have a benefits strategy – but the vast majority do not have an HR technology systems strategy. In this webinar, Benefit Technology Resources will review what an HR Systems Strategy is, and why it’s critically important for clients to have one.
Other topics will include:
• How to build an HR Systems Strategy & its key components
• Best practices for managing a strategy ongoing
• Real client case studies
HIPAA Privacy & Security Overview
Wed, Feb 12, 2020 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM | Presented by Stacy H. Barrow, Esq.
Join Stacy H. Barrow, Esq. for an overview of HIPAA’s Privacy and Security Rules. During this webinar Stacy will review the different types of entities subject to HIPAA, take an in-depth look at Protected Health Information (PHI), individual rights under HIPAA, and what to do when there is a breach of PHI.
Key takeaways include:
1. Understanding which entities and types of plans are subject to HIPAA’s Privacy rule
2. Understanding which information is protected under HIPAA
3. Learn the permitted uses and disclosures of PHI under HIPAA
Musculoskeletal Procedures and Costs
Wed, Feb 26, 2020 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM | Presented by Bruce Campbell M.D.
In this webinar Bruce Campbell M.D. provides an overview of the commonest Musculoskeletal conditions, including medical and surgical treatments for them. Bruce will also address common questions and provide best practices.
Key takeaways for HR professionals include:
1. Understanding the importance of cost variation and Place of Service;
2. The role of Centers of Excellence in care of musculoskeletal condition treatment;
3. How to address “experimental and non-FDA approved treatments;
4. Out of Network providers and elective treatments;
5. Which indicator codes and safe harbors apply to various employment situations (e.g., waiting periods, changes in cost, changes in employment status);
6. How to address other situations, such as opt-out payments, union employees, and conditional offers of coverage to spouses
Lowering Health Costs for Your Employees and Your Business
Wed, Mar 11, 2020 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM | Presented by David Konrad
Learn how to control and manage your company’s health insurance with proven strategies and actionable opportunities that effectively lower costs. This webinar promises to arm you with cost saving strategies you can put into effect to save both you and your employees money today and over the long-term.
HR Trends Update
Wed, Mar 25, 2020 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM | Presented by Bobbi Kloss
In the world of HR Trends, Bobbi Kloss’s webinar provides current information on developing a culture to best market your business to attract and retain employees, regulatory HR updates including from the EEOC and the DOL, and HR best practices. Educate yourself on top trends in Human Capital Management (HCM) and find out what you should be focusing on for your workforce needs.
How to Prepare for a DOL Audit
Wed, Apr 8, 2020 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM | Presented by Stacy H. Barrow, Esq.
During this webinar, Stacy H. Barrow, BAN’s Director of Compliance, will provide attendees with tips for surviving a Department of Labor (DOL) audit, including an overview of what to expect during a DOL audit, how the DOL audits, and what the DOL looks for during a group health plan audit.
1. An understanding of how employers/plans get selected for audit;
2. Insight into the audit process and what to expect when the DOL comes knocking;
3. Best practices for audit survival, including which documents to have ready for review.
Marketing with Voice & Video in Today’s World
Wed, Apr 22, 2020 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM | Presented by Glenn Smith
• Customers and prospective customers, creating a client base that works for you, your employees, and your organization;
• Employees and prospective employees, enabling you to advance your organization with a loyal and enthusiastic workforce.
International Employee Benefits: An Introduction to Mergers & Acquisitions
Wed, Apr 29, 2020 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM | Presented by Lewis Mosley
This webinar will focus on educating HR professionals on the challenges involved when dealing with global employee benefits as part of a multinational merger or acquisition project. The session will consider the contractual, legislative and logistical issues at play as part of any global M & A project and will serve as in introduction to understanding how to build a project plan to work through an M & A project.
Navigating the Self-Insuring Maze
Wed, May 13, 2020 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM | Presented by Pat Campola
The employer’s decision to self- insure their employee benefit plan requires a number of considerations, some obvious and some not so. This webinar will identify the decisions that need to be addressed and options available.
1. Financial analysis tools;
2. Claim Payer Options;
3. Plan Design Considerations;
4. Stop Loss Structure
Pre-Diabetes and Diabetes
Wed, May 27, 2020 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM | Presented by Bruce Campbell M.D.
In this webinar Bruce Campbell M.D. provides an overview of prediabetes and diabetes, and the financial, risk, and health impact of these conditions.
Key takeaways for HR professionals include:
1. Understanding the importance of primary and secondary prevention strategies regarding controlling cost and risk;
2. Understanding “Gaps in Care” and why they are important;
3. Plan design interventions to improve health and financial outcomes
Affordable Care Act Update: What’s New with the ACA?
Wed, Jun 10, 2020 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM | Presented by Stacy H. Barrow, Esq.
In this informative webinar Stacy H. Barrow, Esq., BAN’s Director of Compliance, discusses the current state of the Affordable Care Act, including top compliance issues in 2020, new legal and regulatory updates in employee benefits, and a look at recent court cases of interest.
1. An understanding of the top benefits issues in 2020
2. A better understanding of new legal and regulatory issues
3. Insight into relevant court cases
How to Solve the Biggest HR Tech Problems
Wed, Jun 24, 2020 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM | Presented by Corrina Nation & Josh Hoover
HR Technology can be used during the entire employee lifecycle – from candidate to COBRA. In this webinar, Josh Hoover and Corrina Nation join up to explain how employers can address some of the biggest pitfalls of HR technology. Every HR professional wants to leverage tech to deal with the tactical aspects of their job, so they can focus on more strategic initiatives; the only way to do that is to make technology work for you, and not against you.
Find out how:
• Effective communications can help with expectation management, relationship building, and relationship strengthening with HR tech vendors to build a better employee experience;
• Efficient automation can build on these communications for easier use, freeing up time for more strategic tasks and manual knowledge work;
• Non-automated tasks can be integrated with a more robust platform, and how to explore the possibilities & limitations to find programs that work for you.
How Small to Mid-Size Companies Purchase Health Care Like a Fortune 500
Wed, Jul 15, 2020 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM | Presented by David Konrad
Workplace Wellness Programs and Compliance with DOL & EEOC Rules
Wed, Aug 12, 2020 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM | Presented by Stacy H. Barrow, Esq.
1. An understanding of which laws apply to wellness programs
2. Information on how the limits on rewards apply
3. Best practices for ensuring that wellness programs comply with applicable laws
How Reference Based Pricing can Reduce Medical Costs by Creating Custom Built Network Pricing for your Clients
Wed, Aug 26, 2020 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM | Presented by John Marshall
Join John Marshall, Director of Actuarial with BAN, as he provides an in-depth presentation on creating custom built network pricing to reduce medical costs for your clients with Reference Based Pricing.
The presentation will cover:
– the history, evolution and current status of RBP,
– why RBP is the new wave of transparent medical pricing,
– how to apply RBP,
– when to apply RBP,
– effect of RBP on plan costs and stop loss costs,
– risks and pitfalls associated with RBP,
– the future of RBP
Marketing Your Culture
Wed, Sep 9, 2020 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM | Presented by Bobbi Kloss & Glenn Smith
More than ever your company culture should be aligned as a part of your overarching business strategy. Not only is company culture part of your brand, which should be an important part of your products or services, it can either be an advocate of your vision, or your opponent.
Your culture should speak to your core values and your company’s unique “why” customers do business with you. When your employees, culture and customers are aligned, they create a community, or bond, that becomes your greatest asset.
This asset will attract the right customers, influencers, partners, and ultimately the right employees to your organization.
HR Tech & Compliance Best Practices
Wed, Sep 16, 2020 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM | Presented by Corrina Nation, Josh Hoover & Stacy H. Barrow, Esq.
Join Josh Hoover and Corrina Nation from BTR and Stacy H. Barrow, Esq., BAN’s Director of Compliance in this co-hosted webinar on the intersection of technology and compliance.
Takeaways will include:
• Importance of data security
• A better understanding of how technology and compliance are complimentary
• Insight into managing your technology to remain compliant
Compliance and Security Standards
Wed, Sep 23, 2020 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM | Presented by Matt Jones
It’s not just about employee and customer information, it’s also the employer data and intellectual property data businesses have everywhere, from documents to email to cloud storage to accounting, attacks could cripple small businesses.
1. Multifactor Authentication
2. Security Audits and Experts
3. Compliance Updates
4. Everyone’s Job
Introduction to Consumer Directed Healthcare and Account-Based Plans: HDHPs, HSAs, FSAs, and HRAs
Wed, Oct 14, 2020 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM | Presented by Stacy H. Barrow, Esq.
Join BAN’s Director of Compliance, Stacy H. Barrow, Esq. for an informative webinar on Consumer Directed Healthcare and Account-Based Plans. Webinar attendees will gain an understanding on the background of Consumer Directed Healthcare, HSA eligibility and contribution rules, how HSA funds may be used, and how employers may contribute to HSAs. Stacy will also discuss HRAs and FSAs under the Affordable Care Act.
Key takeaways include:
1. An understanding of the rules surrounding high deductible health plans (HDHPs)
2. How HSAs, FSAs and HRAs can coordinate with HDHPs
3. How HSAs, FSAs and HRAs have changed under the ACA
How Do You Measure Health (and why should I care)?
Wed, Oct 28, 2020 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM | Presented by Bruce Campbell, MD
Measuring the health of individuals and groups has been a controversial issue for decades. With the emergence of Value-Based Pricing, costly specialty drugs, and third-party care management vendors, evaluating the both economic and health impact of these initiatives becomes an important factor in evaluating the potential benefits of an initiative.
1. Understanding health value metrics.
2. Using health value metrics to determine whether drugs or procedures (for example, bariatric surgery) should be covered by the plan.
3. Understanding Value-based pricing/purchasing strategies in the market.
HR Technology Trends
Wed, Nov 11, 2020 12:00PM – 1:00PM| Presented by Corrina Nation & Josh Hoover
During this webinar Josh Hoover and Corrina Nation help attendees become more familiar with the different trends in HR Technology, and how to best utilize their current systems (or potentially evaluate new systems).
Keep a close watch on this webinar as the final topics will likely not be verified until a few weeks prior to the webinar date considering how fluid the HR technology industry is.
HR for 2021
Wed, Nov 18, 2020 12:00PM – 1:00PM | Presented by Bobbi Kloss
Join Bobbi Kloss for a special webinar on HR for 2021. Bobbi’s webinar provides insight in developing a culture to attract and retain employees, regulatory updates including the EEOC and the DOL, and HR best practices. Educate yourself on how to maintain your employer of choice status, top trends in Human Capital Management (HCM), and what you should be focusing on for your workforce needs in the upcoming year.
End Of Year Compliance Roundup
Wed, Dec 9, 2020 12:00PM – 1:00PM | Presented by Stacy Barrow, Esq.
During our final webinar of our 2020 Educational Webinar Series, Stacy H. Barrow, Esq. provides an overview of significant compliance topics in 2020, along with a look at what to expect in 2021. Stacy will review legal and regulatory changes under the ACA in 2020, a review of other agency guidance in 2020 applicable to health and welfare plans, an update on recent court cases affecting health and welfare plans, and what to expect in 2021.
Key takeaways include:
1. A better understanding of major changes in employee benefits law in 2020
2. Knowledge of court cases were most impactful to employee benefit plans in 2020
3. An understanding of potential changes and guidance expected for 2021