Isaias is the ninth tropical storm and second hurricane of the 2020 Atlantic hurricane season. In the last 24 hours, NOAA has the projected track of Hurricane Isaias to have the eye of the storm track over southern Massachusetts sometime between Tuesday night and Wednesday.
As of right now, Isaias is projected to be downgraded to a tropical storm by the time it arrives off of the Northeast, with sustained winds around 65mph with gusts around 75mph. The path and severity of the storm is subject to change and is evolving.
This is a good reminder to take precautions NOW for both Isaias and the remainder of hurricane season. There are a few simple things you can do to protect your home and safety:
- Elevate critical items out of vulnerable areas
- Bring in and secure loose outdoor items
- Know where your insurance documents are
- Review your insurance coverage, both home and flood, for proper protection
- Ensure you have an emergency kit, including water, flashlight and batteries
We also have a detailed post on Hurricane Safety that we shared at the beginning of the Atlantic Hurricane season.
Keep watch on local media outlets and NOAA for updates on Hurricane Isaias.
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Hurricane Center
- Coastal Emergency Risks Assessment (CERA), Storm and Surge Tracker
- WCVB, Tracking Hurricane Isaias